Thursday, February 11, 2010

Escaping

I have been 'busy' the last few days escaping in Dr Who and Torchwood episodes (most are online at Netflix)  I find I have been craving the escape.  I haven't really looked at the books I got last week. I peaked at the divorce handbook and it seems to have some really good information.  I think I needed a break. Chris still isn't talking to me.  Its all on me it looks like.  I guess maybe I should look into someone who can do counciling for the two of us. I think its important to deal with our bagage so we will be more equipped to deal with parenting our children.  I would hate to imagine Chris and I throwing things in each other faces that was far in the past.

I have a lot of support I am lucky I just don't know what to do.

3 comments:

  1. It's been a true pleasure to watch Doctor Who with you, Penny! I know too well how important a good fandom escape can be for the psyche. This is good for you to indulge in, I think. A little me time is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I knew there was a reason why I stumbled across your blog - us Who fans have to stick together!

    I could go on for hours about how much I love the show (I'm one of those sad geeks who has a romote controlled Dalek, a complete library of every episode that's been released on DVD plus all the audio stories, and hangs out at conventions).

    I hope watching the show reminded you that there are good and noble beings in the universe and that the monsters can be beaten. Most of all, I hope it made you forget your worries, even if it was just for a few minutes.

    I wish us Who fans had a benediction. Star Trek has "Live long and prosper" and Star Wars has "May the Force be with you". The phrase most remembered from Doctor Who is "Exterminate” - but that just doesn’t convey my wishes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said coffee this morning like i was saying Exterminate LOL It just really good tv.. I think its funny you are such a fan. Lindsay and i are really into it right now.

    ReplyDelete