Friday, February 5, 2010

Embarrassment

Yup I am embarrassed.

Embarrassed my husband didn't love me enough to work on things. That I failed so bad that he had no problem closing the door on our marriage and getting with someone else.

I embarrassed every time he tells how strong she is. How great she is. I am embarrassed he is wearing a stupid chain around his neck from her but would never (save the one week of our honeymoon wear his wedding ring for me.

I stood in front of all my family, friends and God and promised to be married for ever.   I failed.  How do I get over that.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, she's so strong she thinks it's okay to be with men who have children and a wife.

    You are the good one, Penny. You got nothing to be embarrassed about. He does. He'd be really embarrassed by what I think about him telling you all about his strong girlfriend, and wearing chains around his neck, gag me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not a failure. You are the one who stayed, not the one who strayed. I'm sure there were lots of times when you could have checked out of the relationship, but you chose to tough it out. That is strength.

    ReplyDelete