Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Belonging....

I am a normally light hearted person. I am kind. I care a lot. Slightly obsessive but I know a kind person.  I don't fake it. I really do care for people. In my life I have spent most of it on the outside.  I never quite felt apart of anything.  Anything but my family.

When Chris came into my life I felt so lucky. Finally I have someone.  He didn't laugh at me. He didn't mock me.  My great fear growing up was that I would spend my life alone.  I now had a partner.  Someone who seemed to truly care about me. The day I got married was such a day of full joy. I had people remark how beautiful I looked and I know it was because I so happy. So happy I was getting the life I always wanted. I know belonged.  I was getting another family and the hope that Chris and I would have a chance to grown our own.
Today I sit here rejected. Realizing I never 'belonged' to my own life.  There is only two beautiful beings that truly love me.  A daughter I hope end up nothing like me and a son who is nothing sort of remarkable but I fear will live the same sad life I have.

All I ever wanted was to be happy. For years I thought I was.  So happy so Lucky now there is a part of me that wishes I never tried.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you sister. I won't bore you with the gory details, but I too pinned all my hopes of belonging, of being "normal", on a man. The jury is still out on that one.

    Don't give up on yourself!

    ReplyDelete